10 CLASSIC False Friends (3) for English Learners
Here you have some mistakes in
this collection of common false friends and wrong words (RED COLOUR)- there are some
classics! The right words are written in pink
1) Beckham *accepted to play with the English team
2) There just isn't enough *place in this apartment for two people.
3) There's a lot of *concurrence in the car business in France.
4) You *are obliged to take the train to Villers Cotterets.
??? HAVE TO
5) My boss is starting a new *English formation tomorrow.
6) Our benefits were excellent last year - up 33%.
7) This goal can be *realised in two ways - the easy way... or the hard way!
8) Many problems have *arrived in this company.
??? HAPPENED /OCURRED
9) Volkswagen is *notorious for excellent quality.
???REKNOWN / FAMOUS/WELL-KNOWN
10) Microsoft is *implanted in many different countries all over the world.